We are currently recruiting for a Controller for a Tier I automotive parts manufacturer located in southern Ontario. This role will report to the Plant Manager. This is a progressive organization that empowers their employees and promotes from within. You can build a long and prosperous career with this organization. You should have the ability to see the big picture but always be cognizant of the small details. A sense of urgency, accountability and ownership is critical to your success in this organization.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and forecasts for the plant
- Audit, reconcile and prepare schedule of general ledger and inventory activity
- Facilitate and lead the yearly budget process
- Oversee A/P, A/R and production / inventory activities
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly reports ( year end audit) and audit binder preparation
- Capital appropriations, exchange fluctuations, accounts receivable, standards cost and fixed asset maintenance
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Company’s policies and procedures
- Preparation and analysis of operating cost and variances.
- Review payroll issues from financial perspective and provide payroll back-up support when required
- All other related duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
- Post-secondary education preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting.
- CPA or CMA designation is required
- 5-8 years of practical accounting experience and a minimum of 3-5 years years experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably automotive)
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge – MS Excel, MS Word, with the ability to use the computer system as an effective tool: experience using CMS on an AS400 is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Advanced accounting skills, including standard costs, variance analysis, forecasting budgeting, profit analysis and performance measurements
- Experience with ADP payroll processing, reconciliation and reporting
- Excellent organization and time management skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a top-notch organization. You will have the opportunity to continue to learn and develop your skills and take on new and more challenging projects as you demonstrate your capabilities. This is a permanent position. The pay is commensurate with education, work experience and overall fit within the organization. The salary range is $85K to $95K.